|The Old Farm House was built by Guttorm Torgiersen
Kaldor. It was finished in June 1747 (there’s an inscription in the main
rafter) and was used as a farm house, first for the entire farm, then for
Northern Kaldor. The house was used as a living quarter until around 1890.
In this period it only had a small loft above the main floor, accessed
by a ladder from the bedroom. Around 1910 the roof was raised to create
a larger room, and a staircase was added. This was done because Ole Thorgersen
Kaldor and his wife Johanne planned to use this house when they handed
over the farm to their son. However they both died before this plan was
realized and the renovation was never completed. The house was then used
as a workshop and later as storage room. It was in pretty bad shape when
the present owners took over the farm.
In 1992 we decided that the house was too important to be left in such a state and started to renovate it. We had copies made of the old windows and did a full exchange, later also of the roof. Likewise the old hallway was torn down and rebuild in the old style. The ground floor was renovated in a style consistent with the way such a house would have looked in the late 19th century, while the second floor has got a more modern look. The full restoration of the house was completed in 2007, and separate appartments in each floor established with a sleeping capacity of 3 persons in each.
Amenities: Woodburning stove / Large open fireplace. Electric heating, 1-TV: Satellite, European. Radio. Washing machine w/ Tumbler drier. Microwave oven - Refrigerator, Freezer, 150 L. Hot and cold water: Underground water source - drink it from the tap! Electric cooker / Coffee brewer / Vacuum Coffe Pot / Vacuum cleaner. Garden furniture and Barbecue (open fireplace outside)- Playhouse. Wireless internet access